Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
An important part of the Toyota family is Toyota Financial Services (TFS), the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in North America. While TFS is a separate business entity, it is an essential part of this world-changing company – delivering on Toyota’s vision to move people beyond what’s possible. At TFS, you will help create best-in-class customer experiences in an innovative, collaborative environment.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Toyota Financial Services' (TFS) Legal Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Managing Counsel, Securities.
This attorney will be part of the Securities Transactions Group within the Legal Department and will primarily advise on matters relating to securities and corporate finance transactions, public company reporting, and corporate governance. The primary client business groups will include Treasury, Accounting, SEC Reporting, and Corporate Communications.
Ideally, the attorney will also have experience in one or more of the other areas handled by the Securities Transactions Group, and the ability and desire to develop expertise in new areas. The person in this position will not only oversee and manage transactions, but also interface with business groups to advise on strategy, compliance, and risk assessment. This role reports to the Assistant General Counsel.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Advise on and manage Treasury transactions and projects, including:
Public and private unsecured debt offerings in the U.S., Europe and Japan
Public and private asset-backed securitizations
Syndicated and bilateral unsecured credit facilities and loans
Investor relations matters
Development and implementation of measures and policies necessary to comply with securities and derivatives laws/ regulations and other financial institution regulatory matters
Broker-dealer legal issues
• Advise with respect to public company reporting and other regulatory and stock exchange requirements, including:
Periodic reporting in the United States, EU and Japan
Other regulatory and stock exchange requirements
Securitization-related periodic filings and securitization-related compliance matters
• Advise on and assist with managing corporate governance function, including:
Preparing board and shareholder meetings, consents, and minutes
Partnering with cross-functional teams for financial reporting governance-related matters
Building governance policies and best practices with recommendations that balance governance needs and company goals
What You Bring
• Juris Doctorate from accredited law school in the United State • Active membership in good standing in the bar of at least one U.S. state/jurisdiction, and able to obtain a license to practice law in Texas • Capital markets experience in a large law firm • Exceptional detail and organizational skills • Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on diverse matters requiring complex legal analysis • Proven ability to prioritize among competing and multiple projects and priorities with minimal direction • Commitment and ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality, and sensitivity towards issues and individuals • Ability to understand perspective of clients when finding solutions • Capable of working independently and as part of a team • Strong written and communication skills • Ability to interact effectively and build and maintain strong relationships across multiple business units • Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time
Added Bonus If You Have
• In house legal department experience • NetDocuments and/or ChangePro experience • Ability and desire to develop expertise in new areas
What We’ll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect • Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement • Vehicle purchase & lease programs • Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family • Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable) • Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute • Paid holidays and paid time off • Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools and more • Flexible spending accounts • Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Belonging At Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.