The Friend of the Court Referee enforces Circuit Court orders regarding child support, custody, and parenting time. Reviews complaints, initiates legal action, and conducts Order to Show Cause Hearings for non-payment of child support. Acts as the referee in the most complex hearings relative to custody, child support, and parenting time for divorce cases referred by a Circuit Judge. Interviews clients, and reviews investigative reports to prepare recommendations for the Court regarding custody, support, and parenting time in pending divorce and custody cases. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
At the time of application, applicant must:
1. Possess Juris Doctor degree from an accredited college of law; AND
2. Have had at least five (5) years experience as a practicing lawyer, with three of the last five years in a Friend of the Court setting working with Domestic Cases and/or with an active practice in the area of Domestic Relations; AND
3. Be a member in good standing of the State Bar of Michigan.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
Internal Number: 2020-149
About Oakland County
Oakland County, a great place to live, work and play.
BACK TO TOP
National Association of Women Lawyers® Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NAWL has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at National Association of Women Lawyers® Career Center.