Job ID 87488
Location Manhattan - Downtown
Resume Due Date: May 12, 2017
Functional Job Title: Executive Assistant General Counsel
Civil Service Title: Executive Agency Counsel
Department/Division: Law and Procurement
Work Location: 2 Broadway
Hay Points: 954
Overtime Eligibility: Not eligible for paid overtime in accordance with FLSA. (Actual salary offers are made subject to the salary administration policy and are made considering a number of factors including, but not limited to, the selected candidate’s salary and work history.)
Under the supervision of the General Counsel or her designee, the Executive Assistant General Counsel
- Provides legal advice, direction and representation in connection with MTA Bridges and Tunnels capital projects -- especially complex high-dollar infrastructure projects involving alternative project delivery methods or federal funding -- to enable TBTA to keep its facilities in a state of good repair.
- Provide legal advice and assistance in the development and implementation of MTA Bridges and Tunnels Enterprise Asset Management system, including MTA Bridges and Tunnels’ Agency-wide Asset Handover Procedure and Knowledge Management Strategy.
- Conducts litigation and supervise outside counsel in litigation in federal, state and administrative proceedings and assist in the resolution of contract claims and disputes.
- Assists the General Counsel in providing legal advice, direction and representation in connection with MTA Bridges and Tunnels’ bond obligations.
- Draft, review and facilitate agreements between TBTA and federal, state, local and private entities for capital and other significant projects to enable TBTA to keep its facilities in a state of good repair.
- Assist the General Counsel in formulating and reviewing TBTA policies and procedures, position statements and recommendations to the President in these areas.
- Supervise and assist other attorneys in the performance of their duties including legal advice, review and development of contract documents and procedures, research, litigation and other matters as they may be assigned.
- Admission to the New York State Bar; and four years of recent full-time responsible, relevant, satisfactory legal experience subsequent to admission to any bar, eighteen months of which must have been in the supervision of other attorneys, in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or performing highly complex and significant legal work.
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
Specialized Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
1). Juris Doctor's Degree and New York State Bar Admission, maintained in good standing throughout employment.
2). Eight years of significant experience in engineering, commercial law and the law of government contracts.
3) Minimum of eighteen months of experience supervising other attorneys in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or performing highly complex and significant legal work.
4). License to practice law in the State of New York, including admissions to state and federal courts.
5). Ability to analyze and review complex problems and recommend viable solutions that will withstand judicial and or administrative agency scrutiny.
6). Problem resolution skills and the ability to mediate disputes to successful conclusion.
7). Previous supervisory experience.
MTA Bridges and Tunnels is governed by the Civil Service Rules and Regulations administered by the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS). This vacancy is being filled as a Provisional Appointment as there is no established Civil Service list for this title. As an employee of MTA Bridges and Tunnels, you should look to take Civil Service examinations not only for this provisional title but other titles in your job family. Continued employment is contingent upon your taking and passing a Civil Service examination followed by your selection from the Civil Service list to a Permanent Appointment in this or a similar title.
Also, as an employee of MTA Bridges & Tunnels you may be required to complete an annual financial disclosure statement with the State of New York, if your position earns more than $91,821.00 (this figure is subject to change) per year or if the position is designated as a policy maker.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ click on “Bridges and Tunnels”, and search for “Executive Assistant General Counsel” or Job ID: 87488
MTA Bridges and Tunnels is an Equal Opportunity Employer